Optimum Recruitment Group are working with this well established client on the outskirts of York who are seeking to appoint a Trainee Accounts Administrator to join their small and friendly team.
This role is an entry level into a finance career where you will learn all aspects of accounting. My client will provide full training if you are a recent school, college or university leaver. The client is willing to provide career development and study support towards AAT accounting qualifications.
As an Accounts Administrator you will be an integral part of the team responsible for maintaining an efficient and accurate finance function within a business.
You will support the Finance Manager and your colleagues in transactional accounting activities, working with purchase and sales ledgers, running calculations and ensuring payments are correct, recording of cash and various forms of data entry.
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic and career driven individual who is keen to start their career within an accounts based role.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Purchase ledger – matching, batching and posting invoices
- Payment and allocation of all supplier/non-supplier payments
- Bank and statement reconciliations
- Administration support to purchasing team
- Setting up new suppliers
- Creating purchase orders
- Updating and maintaining accounting and procurement systems, databases and spreadsheets
- Dealing with queries and requests via telephone and email. Liaising with third parties and staff members as necessary regarding such matters
- Checking all monthly credit card transactions, matching with receipts and allocating as an appropriate expense
- General administration tasks as required
You must be detail focussed, be naturally numerical and be a good team player. You will be calm under pressure and have the ability to work to deadlines. You will be self-motivated and enthusiastic with a flexible attitude to work and able to demonstrate an excellent work ethic.
Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5pm, the client will offer a starting salary c£18,000 - £20,000 plus a study package.