Optimum Recruitment Group are working exclusively with our manufacturing client based in Middlesbrough who are recruiting a Production Accountant.
The role is to provide onsite financial support to their day to day manufacturing activities. The remit will cover not only traditional costing but systems related work and reporting in the context of Sales and Operations. You will be responsible on an ongoing basis for costing standards particularly with regard to labour and overhead absorption and you will work with the Operations Team to ensure cost drivers and the means of absorbing costs across products are appropriate.
The role would suit a qualified accountant, an active studier or someone who is qualified by experience, but you must have demonstrable manufacturing costing exposure and experience in presenting information in dashboard/KPI/MI pack formats.
Your key areas of responsibility would be costing, forecasting, operational planning and MI reporting, your duties include:
- Undertaking product costings and creating costing templates for all new products.
- Other product costing work as and when required (pre opportunity, what if scenarios etc).
- Progressing the shop floor clocking system developments.
- Proposing and circulating monthly a new CDM profitability report taking into account variances other than just BPM
- Maintenance of cost base and structure in IFS ERP.
- Assisting with NPD projects.
- Participating in weekly sales and operations planning meetings.
- Dealing with any queries that come from production relating to each forecast and coming up with a solution.
- Dealing with any queries from all sales members relating to forecast and shortages.
- Loading actuals from QlikView into TCM.
- Proposing developments such as implementing CDM into TCM reporting cycles.
- Suggesting, seeking approval and implementing improvements to Production and Sales Qlikview.
- Identifying retail clocking mistakes and amend operations.
- Other projects as required by the Director of Finance or Director of Operations
You must be an effective communicator and have the ability to present at all levels. Confident and capable of operating at all levels, a good team player, you must have ability to move to the next level. You must have the ability to build effective relationships and have demonstrable ability to interact and cooperate with all levels within the business.
Salary dependent on skills and experience but salary range between £40k-£50k plus benefits