Optimum Recruitment Group are proud to be working exclusively with this growth client based in Blackburn who are looking to appoint a Management Accountant to the team.
Your role within team who be supporting the business in producing accurate and timely management accounts and ad-hoc information / reporting, including variance analysis and commentary to the management team.
You will ideally be qualified; however, the client will consider someone who is actively studying (final stages) or QBE.
You will be responsible for:
- Producing monthly management accounts and the full reporting pack.
- Preparation of labour recovery variances for budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Stock control – accounting entries and reconciliations.
- Development and implementation of new accounting processes and procedures to ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial information and good internal controls.
- Developing both existing and new reporting systems within the business.
- Variance analysis and supporting commentary.
- Reviewing and challenge of results with particular focus on project costs and margin.
- Ensuring strict adherence to month end timetable and internal control procedures.
- Supporting management in financial matters & performance monitoring of projects.
- Effective interfacing with wider business and identifying cost / time reduction solutions.
- Reporting and presenting monthly performance contract financials.
The role requires someone who is used to working within a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Salary c£50k plus benefits and hybrid working practices.