Optimum Recruitment Group is proud to be working exclusively for this leading, fast paced service provider, based on the outskirts of York, who are looking to extend their highly successful and talented finance team and appoint to a newly created opportunity of Management Accountant.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the business during an exciting period of growth therefore, a high energy Management Accountant is required to support the Head of Finance and CFO.
The ideal candidate will be recently qualified, someone who operates at pace and have demonstrable experience within Management Accounts, ideally from a medium/large company background. You must be a quick minded, inquisitive, investigative and technical Management Accountant with commercial flair and have the ability to own the role.
You will be responsible for:
- Accurate reporting of all revenues and costs.
- Production of weekly and monthly flash reports.
- Production of monthly management accounts including P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash-Flow, Business Unit P&Ls, overhead analysis and balance sheet control accounts.
- Supporting the Head of Finance in the preparation of annual statutory accounts.
- Identifying opportunities for making cost savings or maximising revenues.
- Reviewing and improving Finance procedures and assisting in the development of company systems.
You must have the following to be considered for the role:
- Strong accounting, commercial and risk awareness skills and have the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Extensive excel skills (including pivots & look ups) and have the ability to analyse and reconcile high volume of data.
- Be a strong team player.
- Ability to prioritise work, work without supervision and use initiative to ensure that targets and deadlines are met.
- Ability to identify areas of risk or for improvement and make recommendations to solve them.