Optimum Recruitment Group are proud to be working with this successful logistics business based in Leeds, to appoint to a newly created Management Accountant opportunity.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for managing a team of 3 and take responsibility for the production of both management and financial accounts. A hands-on technical role, you will ideally be a qualified or finalist stage accountant with demonstrable experience.
Your duties would include:
- Producing monthly management accounts, profit and loss and balance sheets including all associated reconciliations.
- Producing weekly flash reports.
- Undertaking variance analysis and providing commentary.
- Involvement in the budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Producing the annual statutory accounts, supervising all year end activity and supporting the external audit processes.
- Responsibility for VAT.
- Overseeing all purchase ledger and payroll activities including all year-end duties.
As the successful candidate you need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- An accounting qualification or be a finalist stage studier (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Good financial accounting background with strong knowledge of accounting standards.
- Strong systems and internal controls management.
- Advanced excel skills including v look ups, pivot tables etc.
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to communicate financial information to non-finance management
- Knowledge and understanding of payroll processes.
Consideration will also be given to a first time mover from practice or a qualified by experience accountant.
Salary dependent on skills and experience.