Optimum Recruitment Group are proud to be working exclusively to recruit an IT Manager for our exciting client based in Harrogate.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record working as an IT Manager, ideally with a background of working in SME / owner managed organisations. You will be responsible for providing hands on leadership and are used to taking full responsibility for all systems, operational and infrastructure management.
You will also be responsible for managing a team member who looks after the help desk, desktop support and software development.
You will have an excellent attitude and a proactive approach to work. You will be passionate and driven as the company promotes an open culture where you would be expected to operate in and contribute to the management team.
The following skills and experiences are essential:
· Proven track record as an IT manager.
· Educated to degree in Computer Science / Business IT or able to demonstrate an equal level of industry experience
· Experience within a fast-paced manufacturing, FMCG or retail environment.
· Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems.
· Expertise in data centre management and data governance.
· Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation.
· Proven experience in the management and development of key company IT systems, such as ERP and CRM systems (IFS8-10 or SAP desirable, not essential).
· Experience working with VoIP technologies.
· Strong knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office 365.
· Evidence of supporting IT infrastructures, including servers, storage and networking, including virtualised environments such as VMWare.
· Good understanding of ITIL processes including Incident, Problem & Change Management.
· ITIL, PRINCE2, Agile or equivalent project management would be an advantage.
The role will have a flexible working remit. The support functions within the business are currently working from home, there is Covid safe office/meeting space and also manufacturing site to support. Some travel will be expected however, all the sites are within an hour of the head office.
Salary up to £50k plus car and benefits (depending on skills and experience).