Optimum Recruitment Group are delighted to be working with this successful SME business based in York, who are looking to appoint an Interim Financial Controller to cover maternity leave for an initial 6 month period on a fixed term basis.
The successful candidate will take full ownership of the day to day finance function and support the Finance Director in setting the strategic direction of the business. You will be responsible for:
- The provision of monthly management accounts, to continually improve the assessment and understanding of performance.
- Overview and management of weekly KPI’s.
- Production of annual statutory accounts for all group companies within agreed timescales.
- Prepare the company accounts ready for statutory audit within agreed timescales.
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting process, to include communicating and liaising with all other functions.
- Treasury management and rolling cashflow forecasting/control.
- Lead on companywide software development to improve processes, integration with other management information systems and efficiencies.
- Management of stock control and valuation.
- Liaise with external partners including Accountants and Tax Advisors.
- Deputise in the absence of the Finance Director.
You will ideally be qualified with a demonstrable track record of operating as a controller/manager within an SME environment ideally from manufacturing background.
Salary dependent on skills and experience. My client is looking for a May 2022 start.