Optimum Recruitment Group are delighted to be working with this successful SME business based between Thirsk and Pickering, who are looking to appoint an Interim Financial Controller to cover maternity leave.
The successful candidate will take full ownership of the day to day finance function and support the Finance Director in setting the strategic direction of the business. You will be responsible for:
- The provision of monthly management accounts, to continually improve the assessment and understanding of performance;
- Overview and management of weekly KPI’s;
- Production of annual statutory accounts for all group companies within agreed timescales;
- Prepare the company accounts ready for statutory audit within agreed timescales;
- Lead the budgeting (annual) and forecasting (quarterly) process, to include communicating and liaising with all other functions;
- Treasury management and rolling cashflow forecasting/control;
- Lead on companywide software development to improve processes, integration with other management information systems and efficiencies;
- Management of stock control and valuation;
- Liaise with external partners including Accountants and Tax Advisors;
- To be the first point of contact and support operational teams to drive improvements;
- To be the first point of contact and support Commercial teams to drive improvements;
- Capital Expenditure appraisals and post implementation reviews;
- Assist in taxation matters including, R & D tax credits ensuring compliance;
- Involvement in the NPI process and accounting for R & D projects;
- Facilitation and management of grant compliance;
- Management of the Finance team, training to include reviewing the competency of the team and training and developing where necessary to improve efficiency and output;
- Deputise in the absence of the Finance Director.
You must be qualified with a demonstrable track record of operating as a controller/manager within an SME environment ideally from either a manufacturing or engineering background.
Salary dependent on skills and experience.