Optimum Recruitment Group are proud to be working exclusively to recruit a HR Manager for our exciting manufacturing/FMCG client based in North Yorkshire.
This is a newly created role so you must have a demonstrable track record working as a HR Manager, ideally within an SME / owner managed organisation. You will be responsible for providing hands on leadership and taking the full responsibility for all HR process and strategy.
You will be responsible for managing a team member who looks after HR administration and our client is looking for an individual who is excited by the challenge of building a HR function. You must be CIPD qualified.
You will have an excellent attitude and a proactive approach to work. You will be passionate and driven as the company promotes an open culture where you would be expected to operate in and contribute to the management team.
You will be responsible for:
- Advising managers on the terms and conditions of employment and knowledge sharing best practice with them.
- Developing HR policy and procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes.
- Implementing recruitment and retention and learning and development policies.
- Providing first line advice on current and existing benefits for employees and managers.
- Training managers in procedural areas such as disciplinary and grievance and equip them with the training and tools to enable them to effectively manage their teams.
- Developing and implementing an employee appraisal process.
- Managing talent and succession planning.
- Working with appropriate parties on reward strategy.
- Line managing the HR admin and carrying out new starter inductions.
- Maintaining the organisational ERP system and ensuring all employee data remains up to date.
- Maintaining a suite of contractual documentation.
- Reviewing existing job roles and responsibilities and assess progression and training opportunities.
The role would be home based, but with travel between two sites, when required, due to business demands.
Salary up to £50k plus car/car allowance and benefits (depending on skills and experience).