Optimum Recruitment Group are proud to be working with this fast paced, PE backed organisation based in Manchester who are looking to appoint a Head of Financial Accounting into the business.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the following:
- Directly manage, support and review the work of the Finance teams in 3 UK subsidiaries, including preparation of monthly results, input into the group consolidation tool, supporting local audits, payment approvals, budget & reforecast preparations and bi-weekly review meetings.
- Responsible for the preparation, review and reporting of the monthly Management and Financial Accounting Reporting, including group submissions.
- Consolidate performance from UK, Ireland, Iceland and all acquired businesses.
- Provide support and expertise for statutory accounts submissions.
- Liaise with external auditors for interim and year-end financial audits.
- Support functional heads and departments by maintaining accurate allocations, reporting, reviews and cost control, while seeking continuous improvement.
- Review and approve team journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Willing to effectively challenge decisions and have a proactive approach to the implementation of new processes.
- Monthly presentation of financial performance, full-year forecasts and budget variances, including understanding financial opportunities and risks.
- Build strong relations and provide financial support to enable commercial decision-making.
- Review of monthly commitments, advising the team of any monthly accruals and/or prepayments that may be required and follow up on any queries in a timely manner.
- Be comfortable dealing with, and working through, issues and operational challenges with project teams and other stakeholders, getting into details to ensure you understand the cost drivers of the business and can provide insight to any non-finance colleagues.
- Resourceful and able to influence and partner with finance teams and the business units together with non-finance managers.
- Ensure that all reports generated are accurate, relevant and produced in a timely manner.
You must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Solid accounting skills, diligent and accurate ideally with strong stock experience.
- Commercial acumen and have the ability to delegate.
- Multi-site experience.
- Excellent analytical ability with good attention to detail and a knowledge of a variety of analytical tools.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to prepare and present plans to aid business decisions.
- Determined and assertive, prepared to get into the detail to understand the complex cost drivers of the business.
- Good time management skills, with the ability to prioritise workload and work to strict reporting deadlines.
- Proficient user of the Microsoft Office suite, with expert knowledge in Excel.
- Excellent report-writing skills and knowledge of databases and Kerridge systems.
- A proactive self-starter who is comfortable working at pace, with an open and inclusive style.
- Active listener with the ability to communicate at all levels within the business.
Salary up to c£55,000 plus benefits.
If you are looking for an organisation to support you as your career evolves, please get in touch.