Optimum Recruitment Group is proud to be working for this leading, fast paced technology service provider, based on the outskirts of York, who are looking to appoint a Financial Controller to join their highly successful and talented finance team.
This new role has been created due to their rapidly growing business in an ever evolving sector – and having recently becoming part of a newly formed UK PLC. Reporting into the FD, you will have responsibility for the Finance Team and ownership of the monthly accounting process.
This is a great opportunity for you to work with a team that are really going places and a company that puts its people at the heart of everything they do.
As the successful candidate, you must be someone who has experience working as a finance manager / controller with accountability and leadership in management reporting, presenting results to senior management in the business and managing the statutory accounting process. You need to be a hands on individual who likes to get into the detail as the accounting processes can be very complex.
Key duties will include:
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts, including detailed variance analysis.
- Overseeing the production of monthly management accounts, financial reports and associated statements.
- Cashflow forecasting.
- Production of year end accounts and liaising with auditors.
- Maintaining and developing internal controls.
- Ensuring compliance with accounting policies and regulations.
- Supporting the management of transactional finance processes.
You need to be agile to cope with the ever changing environment and you must be an excellent communicator, able to quickly gain credibility with other professionals. You must be technically strong with the ability to critique current practices, solve problems and make improvements that add value and facilitate the continued strategic growth of the organisation. Personality is key for this business - straight talking, professional and down to earth is their culture. You will be joining an organisation with an excellent reputation for high service levels, staff retention and people development.
Do you have the following qualifications, skills and experience? If so, we would like to hear from you.
- You will hold a recognised professional Accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and ideally have trained within accountancy practice, with at least 2/3 years post qualification experience.
- You will have experience in operating at a manager level within a commercial, operational organisation.
- You will have strong commercial acumen and the ability to speak both finance and operational language to support all areas of the business with their decision processes.
Salary dependent on skills and experience.