Optimum Recruitment Group are proud to be working with this successful logistics business based in Leeds, to appoint to a newly created Financial Accountant opportunity.
This role has overall responsibility for reporting individual company performance and ensuring that the company’s main ledgers and balance sheet control accounts are accurate and up to date at all times.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Day to day supervision of purchase ledger function to provide effective support to the business.
- Supervise the preparation of weekly and monthly payrolls.
- Responsible for end of year payroll returns e.g. P60s & P11ds.
- Production of quarterly VAT returns for the group ensuring accuracy and compliance with MTD.
- Day to day management of invoice discounting facility.
- Liaising with the Financial Controller to ensure all departmental reporting outputs are produced in a timely manner and accurately reflect company performance.
- Hands on involvement in production of monthly management accounts including balance sheet and cashflow statement.
- Ensure all costs are accurately attributed to the correct individual revenue streams.
- Support the external audit process with relevant explanations and documentation.
- Cash allocation – oversee all cash-related transactions/allocations e.g. debtor/creditor cash allocations, bank reconciliation, petty cash control.
- Identify improvement opportunities within departmental processes and propose changes as applicable.
- Ensure that all service standards are met in such a way that agreed standards, targets and quality are delivered.
- Act as first point of contact for team queries and aid in the training, development and motivation of team members to ensure departmental standards are maintained. This needs to be delivered in a positive, supportive and motivational manner.
- Proactively manage your own personal development in order to increase personal performance levels and career development opportunities
- Positively manage ad hoc reporting to support operational activity.
- Contributing to the ongoing development of company policy and procedures.
As the successful candidate, you need to be able to demonstrate the following requirements:
- Appropriate financial qualifications: qualified / part-qualified CIMA/ACCA.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in a finance department covering all aspects of profit and loss and balance sheet accounting.
- High levels of computer literacy – proficient user of financial systems and Microsoft Office
- Advanced Excel skills including look ups, pivot tables and advanced formulae.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident and considerate manner in dealing with colleagues at all levels including directors.
- An ability to articulate insightful analysis and commentary on financial reports.
- Knowledge / understanding of payroll processes.
- Ability to support the management, leadership and development of the team.
- Staff management experience.