Optimum Recruitment Group are proud to be working as a retained partner for a leading complex manufacturing business in their search for a Finance Director. Our client is a successful privately owned business based on the outskirts of Wakefield.
· Provide strategic and commercial financial leadership.
· Ensure all financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation.
· Conducting reviews and evaluations to control costs.
· Management of the annual budgeting process.
· Developing and managing robust management accounts that provide good quality information to the management team.
· Developing and managing detailed budgets and forecasts, including all supporting schedules.
· Working capital and cash management.
· Ensure compliance with all statutory reporting, tax and regulatory requirements.
· Provide detailed written and verbal reporting as required to the board in accordance with agreed deadlines.
· Contribute key financial input to the strategic view and development of the business.
· Audit preparation / control and management.
· Preparation and interpretation of financial information.
· Lead and develop the finance team.
· Involvement in all financial planning, financial accounting control.
· Ensuring the provision of appropriate financial information e.g. Monthly management reporting to the board.
· Identify key risks and opportunities.
· Ability to act as a business partner to the MD and senior management team, providing strategic, analytical and business support.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for a commercially driven, qualified Finance Director (preferably CIMA/ACCA although this is not a pre-requisite) with a proven track record of adding value in a leadership role, working alongside the Board to drive the ambitions of the business.
You will have a proven track record in owner managed, entrepreneurial growth environments and be able to demonstrate commercial activities that have aided growth, ideally this will be within a similar sized or larger SME.
You will have strong financial controls experience and be comfortable running the day to day finance function.
You will have experience in supervising and developing a small finance team. You will be hands on and happy to get into the detail but also have the ability to contribute at Board level offering your strategic and commercial acumen and new ideas.
You will demonstrate the ability to positively communicate with colleagues, customers and suppliers in order to form and maintain good working relationships.
Experience from within manufacturing would be essential.
Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are also essential with the ability to present at Board level and be a strong team player.
You will be open, engaging, have strength of character and also have a "can do" attitude. The ideal candidate will demonstrate good attention to detail showing logical decision making and prompt delivery to deadlines.
The FD needs to be commercially minded and dynamic. This role will give them the opportunity to grow with the company and develop their future career. Consideration would be given to an individual with demonstrable experience looking to step into their first FD role.
Salary up to £85k plus car and benefit - package dependent on skills and experiences.