Optimum Recruitment Group is proud to be working with this leading service business in Wakefield who are looking to appoint a Commercial Finance Business Partner.
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager, you will provide finance business partnering to operations by providing insight and understanding of performance, developing KPIs that provide insight and help optimise the outputs of the business.
The role will provide additional business partnering services on an ad-hoc across the business dependent on business priorities and will deputise for the Commercial Finance Manager when required.
Your core responsibilities would be as follows:
- Help optimise the MI provided to the Operation identifying gaps and developing new KPIs where appropriate.
- Provide additional understanding of the financial result and KPIs to the Operations.
- Lead the forecasting process for the two areas of the business.
- Support the management of the WIP model and relevant controls.
- Prepare the monthly colleague MI for review by the Commercial Finance Manager.
- Monthly preparation and refinement of the Measures of Efficiency with support from the Finance Analyst.
- Distil and present financial information relevant to stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Provide guidance and support to any analysts or trainees in the FP&A team.
- Provide support to the CFO & Commercial Finance Manager when required for new business opportunities and M&A work.
- Support review of the month end reporting packs, ensuring they are prepared in a timely manner and that variances are understood.
- Ownership of the acceptance process within FP&A, ensuring that the relevant teams understand the acceptance performance as it develops through acceptance cohorts.
- Approval of payment runs on the banking system when required.
You will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- Strong Excel skills, with the ability to challenge methodology and interpret large data sets.
- Excellent attention to detail ensuring work is robust, considered and appropriately presented for the intended audience.
- Inquisitive and comfortable challenging the status quo – doesn’t take information at face value and find a way to validate assumptions.
- Flexible and able to work under pressure to strict deadlines, owning and prioritising their workload.
- Ability to act on own initiative, but equally comfortable working as part of a team.
- Comfortable working with colleagues at all levels of the business.
- Excellent communication skills – experience communicating to stakeholders both inside and outside of finance.
Base salary negotiable plus generous benefits package depending on skills and experience.