Optimum Recruitment Group are delighted to be partnering with a client who represent household names within the insurance world; our client is an industry leading, independent, insurance brokers who are seeking an enthusiastic and hardworking individual to be an administration ambassador of their claims division.
As the Claims Handler/Administrator, you will be working alongside a small and friendly team (based between Rotherham and Barnsley) and ideally you will have some understanding of claims handling, but this is not necessary. An understanding of financial services would also be beneficial.
Your key areas of responsibility would include:
- Having a primary focus on administration support to the sales team through the claims process, as requested by the Managing Director and/or Senior Manager.
- Maintaining live claims portfolio within the software house, regular updating of files, leading the way for the client.
- Meet business administration requirements including support of internally based sales administration and support on claims when required, in line with FCA regulatory requirements.
- Ensure proper documentation and record keeping of all business activities in line with business requirements, policies and procedures and FCA regulatory compliance.
- Actively encourage and engage in improvements that can made to the operations of the business as and when required.
- Undertake any other activities as requested by the management team as and when required.
- Assist in claims development – training new or existing staff when required.
You need the following experience for the role:
- To be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrable administration skills.
- The ability to work well with others.
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Sensitivity and understanding.
- A desire to help people.
- Business management skills.
- IT literate.
Salary up to c£26k depending on skills and experience plus benefits.
Working hours 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday. This is an office based role.