Optimum Recruitment Group are working with this large, growth business in Manchester who are looking to appoint a Financial Business Support Analyst to work within the Commercial Finance team.
As Business Support Analyst you will work closely with a number of internal stakeholders in order to provide meaningful information and insight into operational performance across the business. A key responsibility of the role will be to provide analysis which facilitates improving compliance in line with the national procurement directive. In addition to this you will provide analysis relating to stock, margins, the associated drivers of these and customer results, split by new and existing business.
As the successful candidate you must:
- Have previous experience of working in an analytical role ideally with exposure to stock.
- Have a keen eye for detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Be a proficient user of Microsoft Office programmes and expert user of Excel.
- Have advanced SQL and data mining ability.
- Have clear communication and presentation skills.
- Be a proactive self-starter who is comfortable working at pace, with an open an inclusive style.
- Be an active listener with the ability to communicate at all levels within the business.
Your daily duties would include:
- Working with the business to develop the reports required to measure and monitor performance.
- Providing analysis and insights relating to compliance performance.
- Developing and maintain reports required to measure and monitor stock, margins and customer results and ensuring managers have a clear understanding on where appropriate recovery plans are established to improve performance.
- Providing ad-hoc analysis and insights as requested by the Head of Commercial Finance.
- Working with the business to identify business improvement opportunities and to monitor progress against agreed cost reduction and benefits realisation plans.
- Acting as the first point of contact for your area of the business for all finance related issues, directing requests to the most appropriate member of the finance team.
- Providing assistance to the Financial Accounting team to ensure that the narrative contained within the monthly management pack relating to stock, compliance and sales price conformity is robust and provides sufficient insight for management to base decisions upon.
- Ensuring that all reports generated are accurate and timely and that only relevant reports are issued.
Salary up to c£35- £40k plus package depending on skills and experiences.