Optimum Recruitment Group are proud to be working exclusively with this exciting growth client based on the outskirts of Leeds, who are looking to appoint to a newly created role of Assistant Financial Accountant.
You will support the Financial Accountant to execute the monthly close process and monthly reporting of performance, ensuring all financial compliance including external financial reporting, VAT and corporate taxation management.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual report and all subsidiary statutory accounts.
- Assisting with year end audit processes and providing information to external auditors.
- Supporting the completion of tax questionnaires for the tax computations process.
- Assisting to prepare the monthly central management accounts including review of cost base and allocations.
- Supporting the management of the group capital programme including raising of Capex PO’s.
- Assisting with the annual budget and quarterly reforecasts.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations for central, fixed assets and bank.
- Performing the month end fixed asset processes.
- Ensuring that intercompany process is kept accurate and up to date.
- Supporting the Financial Accountant, Assistant FC and Group FC where necessary.
Do you have the following qualifications, skills and experience?
- Part qualified accountant – ACA or ACCA preferable or AAT Technician.
- Experience of external reporting would be preferable.
- Building relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Preparation of management accounts, including prepayments and accruals.
- Consistently working to deadlines in a disciplined manner to produce high quality outputs.
- The ability to solve problems, reach logical conclusions and make recommendations.
- Strong Microsoft Excel capabilities.
- An understanding of processes and controls and the ability to identify and implement improvements.
Salary up to £40k depending on skills and experiences plus study support, a generous benefits package and a defined hybrid working policy.